Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1010
Chrome OS

This may be a really stupid question and I hope I don't regret asking it lol But here goes. I have a senior that I home school and the printer that they provided us along with the laptop came with no software, it just automatically paired itself. Now with every other printer that I own, they have software where you can go in and check the ink levels, clean the print heads, or align them. I have looked and looked and either it is right in front of my face and I am not seeing it or I'm just not in the right place. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Redhead24u,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to check the ink levels, clean or align the cartridges of your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1010 Printer.

As the printer is installed on a computer running on Chrome OS, the features are limited to printing only.

You need to install the software on a Windows or Mac computers to access these features from the software.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Redhead24u,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to check the ink levels, clean or align the cartridges of your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1010 Printer.

As the printer is installed on a computer running on Chrome OS, the features are limited to printing only.

You need to install the software on a Windows or Mac computers to access these features from the software.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.