Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (541 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 1010 ???

Product Name: HP Deskjet 1010
Operating System: Chrome OS

This may be a really stupid question and I hope I don't regret asking it lol But here goes. I have a senior that I home school and the printer that they provided us along with the laptop came with no software, it just automatically paired itself. Now with every other printer that I own, they have software where you can go in and check the ink levels, clean the print heads, or align them. I have looked and looked and either it is right in front of my face and I am not seeing it or I'm just not in the right place. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you so much.

Accepted Solution

Re: HP Deskjet 1010 ???

@Redhead24u,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to check the ink levels, clean or align the cartridges of your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1010 Printer.

As the printer is installed on a computer running on Chrome OS, the features are limited to printing only.

You need to install the software on a Windows or Mac computers to access these features from the software.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (520 Views)

@Redhead24u,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to check the ink levels, clean or align the cartridges of your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1010 Printer.

As the printer is installed on a computer running on Chrome OS, the features are limited to printing only.

You need to install the software on a Windows or Mac computers to access these features from the software.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (490 Views)

Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation