Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (599 Views)

Software download

Product Name: OfficeJet Pro 6970
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Don't really know if this is the right forum but cannot find anything particular that suits my question so here goes

I have just purchased and installed an OfficeJet Pro 6970 and gone to the software webpage at:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-6970-All-in-One-Printer-series/8289...

Everything is fine, I find my OS (Mac 10.7) but wait!  Where is the download button?  Nowhere to be found

There is a download button for Readiris (which I accidently downloaded due to not paying attention... not a real problem)  but there is NO DOWNLOAD button for the printer!!

Which means I cant use it

Can somebody please explain to me what I am doing wrong... thanks

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)

Re: Software download

Hello, @OzAdam – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thank you for reaching out to HP Support Forums. I would like to help you with the issue Smiley Happy

I understand that you are having issues while installing the printer in MAC 10.7. I am afraid there is no downloadable driver version for this model printer in MAC 10.7. You need to first connect the printer to the MAC using a USB or connect the printer to the network over wireless (follow the steps here: http://hp.care/2iZm5xR ). Once the printer is connected, then follow the steps below to install the printer on your MAC.

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards,
DVortex
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation