Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
25es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to add my HP 25es monitor to Support Assistant.  I click on "Add an HP device", but it does not discover the monitor.  Is there a way to add it manually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@meim, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that the HP Support Assistant does not discover the monitor.

As it is a generic device, the drivers are generic even if it is an HP monitor. Hence, there will not be any added benefits. Hence, there is no point in adding the device.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@meim, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that the HP Support Assistant does not discover the monitor.

As it is a generic device, the drivers are generic even if it is an HP monitor. Hence, there will not be any added benefits. Hence, there is no point in adding the device.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I just wanted to comment on the HP Employee statement. If true this is the first I've ever heard of HP not providing drivers for their Hardware. With nearly 40 years experience in PC, Server and Network support (The last 17 to 20 years on HP and Compaq HW), I'm really shocked. But now I'm beginning to understand some Buyers complaints about HP. As a User personnally, it's been my experience whenever i get a new Desktop or Laptop regardless to what windows has, I always get the latest Hp drivers, update my bios and firmware. As a support person myself I don't suppose most users know to do that and depend on windows and Hp Assistant for help.

Recently I purched both an all-in-One Desktop for my Daughter and a 17in laptop for myself. After reading some complaints online I simply went to the HW Website, downloaded all the recent drivers and so far no problems as some had reported. I've been a customer to long to abandon HP, I just wanted you to know that was a terrible reponse.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.