Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, can anybody help me ?

my new laptop is Probook 4441s and try to upgrade to 16G memory. But after upgrading, I can't enter into Windows8...

Is it bios limitations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Chipset may support however HP BIOS is limited to suite best the rest of the hardware etc...

so HP tested and approved only 8GB with 4x2 Configuration.

if 8Gb works, it shoudl be ok to use single module 8GB however not a 16GB combination.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Memory limit for the PC, Maximum Upgradeable to 8192 MB with optional 4096 MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2

Hope this helps.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

But I take out 1 of the 8gb and leave the other 8gb in, it works.

The chipset is HM76 and it should support 16g memory, I think.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Chipset may support however HP BIOS is limited to suite best the rest of the hardware etc...

so HP tested and approved only 8GB with 4x2 Configuration.

if 8Gb works, it shoudl be ok to use single module 8GB however not a 16GB combination.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
HP Recommended

thanks for your  explanation..

is it possible to support 16G memory someday?(bios upgrade) 

I really need big memory because of virtual machine for development 

HP Recommended

I am afraid, BIOS upgrades may not change this behavior because its designed to limit at 8GB.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
HP Recommended
Bios can recognized 16g memory, but windows seems not...
HP Recommended

hi..dear..

You can use 16G in HP 4441s..

Solution:

Press Windows Key + R
type msconfig, and click the OK button,

Click Boot tab,
then click Advanced Options button,

Click on the Maximum memory: option,
then click the OK button,

Click Apply button,
then click the OK button,

Restart ur computer

White 2017.10.11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.