Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade the processor in a Presario CQ60-218EM to a Turion 64 X2 RM-72?

I think it should work ...

Thanks

Dave P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I bought and installed a Turion ZM82 Ultra dual core 2.2GHz processer and it works a treat.

Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Perdrix,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your Compaq Presario CQ60-218EM Notebook and looking at a new processor. Looking at the specs of both I would say no they will not work as the Watts are different. But, I would need the serial number to give the correct information on the new processor. Please review the the HP Privacy Statement. Then send it to me in a private message.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Yes of course the Turion has a TDP of 35W versus 25W for the Sempron.   What you get for a dual core versus single core.  Both are S1G2 socket.  P/N is NP621EA#ABU, S/N is 2CE902Q0DB, BIOS level F54.A (SP45070)

AFAICT from the service manual the CQ60 was supplied with several AMD processors (depending on model):

Sempron SI-40, SI-42; Athlon QL_60, QL_62; Turion RM-70, RM-72; Turion ZM-80, ZM-82.

The issue is whether the system board/bios will accept the Turions as well as the currently fitted Sempron.  Reports on the web suggest this will work for some models of CQ60.

Thanks

Dave

HP Recommended

I bought and installed a Turion ZM82 Ultra dual core 2.2GHz processer and it works a treat.

Dave

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.