Question

Honor Student
anaswardeh
Message 1 of 3 (1,922 Views)

Can I upgrade my HP ENVY dv7-7300 Quad graphic card?

I've heard that most laptops graphic cards now a days can't be upgraded, but I have an HP ENVY dv7-7300 Quad and I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade its graphic card to Nvidia GT 635m?
Thanks
Honor Student
anaswardeh
Message 2 of 3 (1,918 Views)

Re: Can I upgrade my HP ENVY dv7-7300 Quad graphic card?

Sorry I meant dv7t-7300
Provost
banhien
Message 3 of 3 (1,914 Views)

Re: Can I upgrade my HP ENVY dv7-7300 Quad graphic card?

Hi,

Basically you can, nothing can stop you, with a cost and I believe this cost may be more expensive than buying a new computer because you have to take into account:

• New card price,  and WHERE you can buy it because laptop cards are not the same as desktop cards. You can't buy from any normal shop,
  • Need new system board (may be),
  • Need new cooling system because generally speaking more powerfull card pumps out more heat (you want more powerfull card don't you?).
  • May need new PSU because your current PSU may not suitbale to the card. (I ordered a machine with Nvidia card and I needed to order a 90W charger at the same time, not the normal 65W charger. They simply rejected my order).
  • Labor cost.
  • Many, many packets of Asprin.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation