Can i upgrade i3 Processor to i5 processor (1729 Views)
Honor Student
jassa
Message 1 of 6 (1,729 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can i upgrade i3 Processor to i5 processor

my lap model is HP G62-361TX Notebook PC

and also ram 3gb to 4gb?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (1,720 Views)

Re: Can i upgrade i3 Processor to i5 processor

The answer is yes to both questions.

For the  memory, only install guaranteed compatible memory from well known memory makers to avoid disappointment.  Here is a link to the Maintenence & Service guide for your notebook.

i5upgrade.png

mmup.png

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
jassa
Message 3 of 6 (1,718 Views)

Thank you sir for your kind information....

my problem is overheating of the laptop while i play any game,burn any disk,convert any video,or viewing HD Movies,the laptop freezes :smileysad:
i hv already replaced the fan 2 months ago from hp care center bcoz of the same problem that i m facing now,but problem didn't sort out

check the screen shot,processor uses 100 % while i was converting a video only

latest bios v f.37 installed on my lap
os windows7 official hp
all drivers r up to date

Product description: HP G62-361TX Notebook PC
Product number: XT795PA
Serial number: CNF0396ZW4

so i m thinking to upgrade my system,will it solve the overheating and 100% cpu uses problem?

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (1,710 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Your screenshot does not show CPU temps. You might try a utility called CoreTemp for that.  With the high ambient temperautures your locale has, I would expect that unless you use the notebook in an airconditioned room, you will always have temperature issues. 

Replacing the electromechanical hard disk with an SSD drive would help to reduce the heat greatly. You might try a laptop cooling pad. to reduce the temperatures somewhat.

I would certainly have more faith in Windows own Task Manager to view which applications were using CPU power than a general windows desktop app like you used.

taskmgr.png

taskmgr2.png

Upgrading the CPU to a Core i5  from a Core i3 should  help the CPU usage issues.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
jassa
Message 5 of 6 (1,703 Views)

thanx sir for ur kind info...u r really a kind and helpful person,but i hv tried every  thing to sort out the problem.....but nothing worked.....my laptop is in under warranty.......so now i want to replace the processor ....:smileysad: 

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (1,701 Views)

[ Edited ]

I thank you for the compliment.

I hope that  replacing the processor resoves some of your issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation