Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day! I just want to know if i can upgrade my processor to a better one. My pc is running slow with this processor and i was wondering if i can upgrade it to another amd processor. I need your response. Thank you! 

HP 2000-2b10NR , AMD E-1200 APU 

I WANT TO UPGRADE IT. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

On that model the processor is part of the motherboard so upgrading will be very difficult and expensive. If the laptop is slow the best speed booster is more memory and/or a solid state hard drive. 

HP Recommended

Similar issue here;  can I upgrade the processor on my

HP 255 G2 notebook?

The notebook came with AMD E1-2100 APU  1GHz processor, 4GB RAM, W7 OS.

I'm wondering if anything can be done, and what will be the choice?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.