Question

Honor Student
Julesze
Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)
Accepted Solution

DV6T 7300 Quad Edition ~ upgrade to ssd, compatibility?

Hi!

I have the above laptop on order and the first thing I am going to do is install a ssd drive. What I need to know is: Is this computer SATA III ??? (that will determine which drive I buy) and what is the largest size SSD that can be installed? (will also determine which drive I buy) Any other advice is most welcome!!

Thank you!!!

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: DV6T 7300 Quad Edition ~ upgrade to ssd, compatibility?

Julesze wrote:

Hi!

I have the above laptop on order and the first thing I am going to do is install a ssd drive. What I need to know is: Is this computer SATA III ??? (that will determine which drive I buy) and what is the largest size SSD that can be installed? (will also determine which drive I buy) Any other advice is most welcome!!

Thank you!!!

Hi,

That laptop is definitely SATA III. The size is more or less up to your pocket. I prefer Corsair or Intel drives but Samsung and Kingston have also some good products. I generally recommend to buy any SSD with the SandForce SATA controllers as the drives have faster the write speed and in my opinion even better reliability.:smileyhappy:

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Julesze
Message 3 of 3 (308 Views)

Re: DV6T 7300 Quad Edition ~ upgrade to ssd, compatibility?

[ Edited ]

Hi!

That is good news that it is SATA III !!

I was looking at either Intel or the Samsung Pro (leaning toward the Samsung).

Thank you for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation