Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I made a post a few days ago and recieved some very accurate and hopeful advice.

So where have I gone wrong...

I ordered the screen (part number 690405-001) from here but it is not working...?

From first boot (BIOS) the screen appears whitewashed and pixelated - the original screen works fine of course ( thats the original in poor quality picture below, the new screen was almost illegible).

To compound my confusion I also tried this HD+ screen (which I had on order at the time of posting the thread above) - and the results are the same...  whitewashed appearence and pixelation very similar to the FHD panel.

Is there something more I have to do (like replace the video cable? (current part number: 35040AB00-GY0-G 690403-001)...?  I hate to ask but,.. are we SURE this model A1L15AV with an Intel HD 4000 GT2 will support FHD?

The original HD screen is branded "LG Display" and is part number LP156WH4 (TL)(R1) if that helps..?

If any more info needed - very happy to post!

Many thanks!!

W

8570p A1L15AV.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm very happy to report I am now running a beautiful full HD, glossy panel at 1920x1080.  The cable worked! :LaughingTears:

I bought it for £14 on eBay and the fitting was a bit tedious ( 30 mins to undo a bllion screws and put back together) but well worth the effort.

It begs teh question,...Why would HP cripple a lower spec laptop from upgrading screen easily for the sake of a lousy cable? Its not as if the cost of the cable could be significant! In fact it would be easier for HP to just manufacture one cable...

Anyway - I hope this helps someone.  Thansk again for greta advice from previous post mentioned above.

ATB!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

OK, so I've taken a small chance on a new Display panel cable...

Using partsurfer I found the below:

Cable.JPG

Which, as you can see, specifies FHD and HD+ panels...

If anyone can add anything I'd be most appreciative and I will keep this post updated as soon as I recieve the cable and check if it works.

Have a great Easter!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm very happy to report I am now running a beautiful full HD, glossy panel at 1920x1080.  The cable worked! :LaughingTears:

I bought it for £14 on eBay and the fitting was a bit tedious ( 30 mins to undo a bllion screws and put back together) but well worth the effort.

It begs teh question,...Why would HP cripple a lower spec laptop from upgrading screen easily for the sake of a lousy cable? Its not as if the cost of the cable could be significant! In fact it would be easier for HP to just manufacture one cable...

Anyway - I hope this helps someone.  Thansk again for greta advice from previous post mentioned above.

ATB!

HP Recommended

Hi there, I'm in the same situation I would like to replace my screen as well. Have 2 questions for you...

1- Did the driver works for the intel 4000 graphic card with the new screen...

2- Do u have the link for the cable on ebay. 

Thanks in advance!!

HP Recommended

HI,

Yes, the driver worked - I did not have to change any software settings at all.  Once the hardware was replaced I just booted up and windows recognised the new screen and even auto adjusted the resolution to FHD.

I bought the cable while I was in the US using my sisters eBay account so I don't have that specific link,.. but since then I have preformed the same procedure on 2 other 8570p laptops - both with 100% success.  I bought the cables from a supplier here in the UK but I think they might be international - even so, the product data should be enough to find a similar cable where you are.  Here's the link:

http://www.lambda-tek.com/HP-686306-001~sh/3050335

I hope that helps!!

The only difficult part is threading the cable through the screen hinge - a little patience though and you'll be fine!

There's a great "engineers guide" to the laptop here as well (shows inards and screws etc..):

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03565466-1.pdf

The official part numbers for the panel and the cable are:

FHD panel: 690405-001

FHD cable: 686306-001

Found on pages 139 & 144 respectively of the guide above.

All the best!

HP Recommended

I appreciated thank you!... final question, getting ready to order the parts, I have a Matte screen, would I be able to switch to a Glossy screen with the new cable or should I stick with the matte. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes, thats exactly what I did - switched from matte to glossy.

Just did another one last week, that makes 4 now 🙂

All the best & good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks again, getting ready for a major upgrade to this computer, I love it. Switched to the 14" model because of the resolution  for a few weeks but I missed the full keyboard too much ...after the whole upgrade will end up with a FHD screen, 8gb Ram, Crucial 500Gb SSD and 1t HD 7200RPM on additional bay.  

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.