Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am trying to locate a backlit keyboard for my Elitebook. I have tried HP direct for the last 9 months to no avail, does thi mythical hardwar exist if so, where can I get one!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you're having an issue finding the backlit keyboard. I'm assuming you're located in the US. If so here is the keyboard you're looking for.

If you're in a different area beside the US please let me know. 

THX

HP Recommended

Hi there, thans Orr your response. I'm actually after a UK backlit keyboard.

can you help?

Thanks

HP Recommended

OK, here's the keyboard you're looking for. 

Let me know if you need anything else.

THX

HP Recommended

This is the part number for the NON backlit version! Can you advise the correct part number for a backlit UK version and where to source them?

HP Recommended

Hello ScotiaVisuals,

Go to this link and select your product number.  It should list the available parts for your device.  If this doesn't work, I would suggest posting your issue on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum, since your notebook is a Business model.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
I know it' s been a while since the last post in this thread, but I am hoping someone out there can still answer this; I also want to upgrade my NON-backlit keyboard on my Elitebook 8760W with the backlit keyboard;  if I get one of the factory HP backlit keyboards for the 8760W or 8770W, will the backlit feature actually work if my 8760W didn't originally come with a backlit keyboard? If not, is there something else I have to do in order to make the backlit feature work? Has anyone done this swap? nobody seems to know the anwer to this question.
Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.