Question

Honor Student
billoreilly
Message 1 of 5 (2,203 Views)

Envy touchsmart sleekbook 4-1115dx RAM questions

I am looking to upgrade my RAM in the Envy touchsmart sleekbook 4-1115dx, I have a few questions before I do so.

1. What is the max RAM I can have?

2. I opened up the laptop and found two RAM slots but the one was empty and had a rubber spacer at the top of it. Does this mean it only supports one memory module? If not, how do I remove the "spacer" and insert a second memory module?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 5 (2,197 Views)

Re: Envy touchsmart sleekbook 4-1115dx RAM questions

Hi

Please find the links given below might be useful for you.

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx Product Specifications

Upgrading Memory

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
billoreilly
Message 3 of 5 (2,192 Views)

I appreciate the qucik response but I have read these pages before and they didnt help.

The specs page only tells me whats in the laptop now, I need to know how much it can handle.

The RAM upgrade instructions do not cover the Envy sleekbook 4-1115dx or windows 8. The memory slots on the motherboard do no reflect the intructions provided in the how to guide. It does not address my question about the second memory slot on the motherboard. As you can see in the picture below, there are to black rectangles at the top of the second DIMM slot. Do those have to be removed or does the laptop not even support two DIMM's?

IT may sound like a stupid question but I have not had a HP laptop prior to this one. 

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 5 (2,189 Views)

Hi 

Your Notebook support two DIMM's

Memory upgrades for Windows 8 Editions

Windows 8 has a minimum memory requirement of 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit). Information about the maximum amount of memory is not available at this time you might have to wait for sometime to get the right information.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
billoreilly
Message 5 of 5 (2,182 Views)

Those two black spacers on the second DIMM slot are in the way. How can I remove them? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation