Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion dv7-WV705AV notebook and want to play Diablo 3 but my ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 is apparently too slow. I need to upgrade to an HD4870 or better. Can I do this?

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately, your graphics adapter is integrated into the Motherboard and as such, is not an upgradeable component.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

my question is. i have the hp pavilion dv7 6c80us and ive sceen that there are exturnal videocards out there such as the Vidock but it seems that they only use a express card to connect to the notebook is there any such thing that would work on my pc because i dont seem to have an express slot? 

thanks 

KnowmadicMerc

HP Recommended

I have a DV7 6165 with dual video AMD RadeonHD 6750M &  AMD Radeon HD 6620G.

I would like to upgrade the video card from this Class 2 Mid Level video to a AMD Class 1 card.

Where can I go for availability & buying information.

Also I would like to know if I can upgrade my keyboard to a backlit version.  I play games in the dark and a backlit keyboard would be a great help.

Thanks a lot

Camyru

HP Recommended

I own an HP Pavilion dv7-4183cl. Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card in my computer?

HP Recommended

Hello joetrainer31

Unfortunately, the answers is "NO". Notebooks aside from a very select few have dedicated graphics meaning they are on-board or built on to the motherboard. This makes the process of upgrading it so difficult the cost would be less to just purchase another computer.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you for bringing your question to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi. I have a Pavilion dv7 A5F92AV with a Intel HD Graphics 4000 as my 1st device and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M as my 2nd device. Is it any possibility to upgrade my graphics? And if so to what? And what would be max upgradable? Thanks for any answer.

HP Recommended

Hello Braveh767

As I posted above unfortunately, the answers is "NO". Notebooks aside from a very select few have dedicated graphics meaning they are on-board or built on to the motherboard. This makes the process of upgrading it so difficult the cost would be less to just purchase another computer.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you for bringing your question to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer. I guess I have to figure this out myself. As I have changed graphics cards in an old laptop before I'm not unfamiliar to the process. I was more curious on how high I could go with the current chipset I have. Right now I'm contemplating between a GeForce GTX 680MX and a GTX 780MX. But I have also heard that the ATI Radeon is a faster and better GPU but I would be unsure of the model that would work with my Notebook. Thanks anyways for the response.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.