HP 4530s hard drive failure, office in Puerto Rico? (135 Views)
Student
patreya
Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 4530s hard drive failure, office in Puerto Rico?

I have two problem: my battery is completely dead, and both Memory Check and Hard drive test shows Readfailure error. I believe that I need to do harddrive and battery replacement. 

But the problem I have is that I bought my laptop from Tigerdirect on jan 11, 2012, and I am suppose to have warranty for 1 year. But the Laptop warranty had already started in October 2011. I have proof of purchase from Tiger direct. 

I live in Puerto Rico, and was not able to locate any office where I can go and extend my warranty until Jan 11, 2013. If I could extend that somehow (maybe email someowhere my receipt from tigerdirect ), then maybe I can ship back my laptop (somewhere) to get it fixed. If there is HP office in Puerto Rico, if anyone could provide me with address/phone? 

Deatils about my laptop.

HP 4530s 

Windows 7

Product: XU015UT#ABA

Any help will be very much appreciated. 

Prakash Atreya

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)

Re: HP 4530s hard drive failure, office in Puerto Rico?

You should call HP technical support @ 1-800-474-6836 and have the perform what's called a "POP request" which is a proof of purchase request. They'll verify the purchase date so that you get the full warranty you're supposed to have.

From there, once it's updated you can have the notebook parts dispatched to you under the warranty and you can also extend the warranty at that point.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation