Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,  I wanna ask

Does HP sell a laptop chassis separately, especially the LCD panel chassis?

I mean if the chassis is broken , like my 3 years old HP Pavilion dv2

the LCD chassis screen is almost torn apart .. I am quite worried because it can fall apart at any time and my LCD panel may fall.. (and I have to glue it)

I want to suggest if HP can sell the chassis separately..

They may not cover it via guarantee..

But, if they can sell laptop parts separately such as chassis, custom chassis, custom touchpad, etc.

That might be nice.. HP could be customized just like other gaming laptop brands..

And I do believe in HP factories, they have a thousand of chassis like that..

Thank you for your attention,

Regards,
Minegarde 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Yes!! i do neet need the serial number just the product number of ur PC... pasted on the bottom of the laptop noted with P/N

however here is teh website:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx
||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended
what is the product number of your laptop??

HP sells chassis separately..

i am sure you'll find one if available in stores... please let me know the product number and i'll find one for you...
||

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

DO THEY? Where can I find the site? I forget the serial number..

Where do I can find the serial number for each parts?

HP Recommended
Yes!! i do neet need the serial number just the product number of ur PC... pasted on the bottom of the laptop noted with P/N

however here is teh website:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx
||

HP Recommended

here they are VH120PA#UUF

including the LCD cover also? wow.. I never know about it before..

HP Recommended

wohooo yes I can find it.. YOU ROCKS MAN!

btw, how about the dv6-6019TX??

HP Recommended
517734-001 LCD panel back cover assembly (IMR, Espresso Black)

517745-001 Chassis top cover (upper case) assembly - With Touchpad

519533-001 Top chassis cover assembly (IMR, Moonlight White) - With touchpad

574039-001 Chassis base enclosure - For Discrete full-featured plus product - Created with the Injected Molded Resin (IMR) process

in case you need any other part.....

here is the list:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=VH120PA
||

HP Recommended
Same website... just put on the part number of your PC and you will get the whole list... 😉

Glad to know it helped you.. 🙂
||

HP Recommended

hmm.. okay one last question.. they haven't sold the parts for dv6-6000 series, have they?

HP Recommended
Let me check .. 😮
||

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.