Question

Student
Drcowinabox
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

HP Envy TS 17

So I was recently gifted a  Envy 17, and my question is this: How can I optomise the performance of my PC to suit games? The specs seem very nice on this computer, however the graphics card seems to be somewhat lacking. Is there any way to replace it (any at all, I don't care if soldering or a hired profesional is required). The model # is: E4S19UA#ABA. 

What options are available for this PC?

thanks,

Bergren

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: HP Envy TS 17

Drcowinabox wrote:

So I was recently gifted a  Envy 17, and my question is this: How can I optomise the performance of my PC to suit games? The specs seem very nice on this computer, however the graphics card seems to be somewhat lacking. Is there any way to replace it (any at all, I don't care if soldering or a hired profesional is required). The model # is: E4S19UA#ABA. 

What options are available for this PC?

thanks,

Bergren

Hi,

Your laptop specs: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03895146

The laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card (Ati/nVidia) with its own RAM. It means that the only VGA chip is the one in the CPU (Intel HD) with a shared RAM. Shared RAM means that the VGA uses the main laptop RAM resources. The only option how to get a better graphics performance is to upgrade the laptop memory to 16GB (maximum). There is no way how to add a dedicated graphics card to the board. You can replace the board by a compatible one with a dedicated graphics card but it's quite expensive. 

Some information:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03922401.pdf

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation