HP Envy dv7 7259nr Backlit keyboard (2118 Views)
Honor Student
lucky13sanchez
Message 1 of 4 (2,118 Views)

HP Envy dv7 7259nr Backlit keyboard

Ok, ive seen this question asked various ways for various models, still with no definite answer found. 

I origianally had a HP Envy 15 (the one with a shocking resemblence to the Macbook) but it got stolen. So recently while purchasing a television my Dad came home with the Envy Dv7 7259nr so i wouldnt get behind in college. I open the box turn it on and notice immedietly that the laptop doesnt have a backlit keyboard like my previous computer. I do some research and find out that it IS an option thats available for my computer. My question is, does HP install backlit keyboards on laptops already purchased, and if not, Do I just buy the stuff for it, and take it somewhere in town?

If im wrong about this laptop being able to have the backlit keyboard without having major computer surgery done to it, let me know please.

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 4 (2,111 Views)

Re: HP Envy dv7 7259nr Backlit keyboard

lucky13sanchez wrote:

Ok, ive seen this question asked various ways for various models, still with no definite answer found. 

I origianally had a HP Envy 15 (the one with a shocking resemblence to the Macbook) but it got stolen. So recently while purchasing a television my Dad came home with the Envy Dv7 7259nr so i wouldnt get behind in college. I open the box turn it on and notice immedietly that the laptop doesnt have a backlit keyboard like my previous computer. I do some research and find out that it IS an option thats available for my computer. My question is, does HP install backlit keyboards on laptops already purchased, and if not, Do I just buy the stuff for it, and take it somewhere in town?

If im wrong about this laptop being able to have the backlit keyboard without having major computer surgery done to it, let me know please.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, there is a compatible backlit keyboard for the laptop. HP won't install it but you can do it yourself as it's not a difficult procedure. Click on "Support & Drivers" button on the top of this page. Then enter your laptop model into the search tray and click Next. Then you will get the support page for the laptop. Then click on Manuals and look for "Maintenance and Service Guide..". The file name is c03591253.pdf. There are listed 2 compatible backlit keyboards for different color laptops (silver/black). There is also shown how to replace the keyboard step by step in Removal and replacement procedures section.

Dv6-7000 /Core i5-3210M/GF 650M/8GB/Intel Wireless-AC 7260/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Jessie

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
lucky13sanchez
Message 3 of 4 (2,106 Views)

Thanks! That's everything I needed to know, plus more. I appreciate it.
Distinguished Professor
pepe999
Message 4 of 4 (2,103 Views)

lucky13sanchez wrote:
Thanks! That's everything I needed to know, plus more. I appreciate it.

Cheers! Use the right part number on google to find the best price. The cheapest is mostly ebay.

Dv6-7000 /Core i5-3210M/GF 650M/8GB/Intel Wireless-AC 7260/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Jessie

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation