Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Mini 210-3000sd
Linux

I bought second-hand an HP Mini 210-3000sd, or LT963EA#ABH. It came with 1GB of memory,  which is fine for Linux with a lightweight desktop, but more would definitely be better. I am  thinking about upgrading the memory, but am a bit confused:

According to the product page,
http://support.hp.com/nl-nl/product/HP-Mini-210-3000-PC-series/5082191/model/5116173/document/c02904... , 1GB is the maximum amount of memory.

According to Crucial, they have a 2GB RAM module for this laptop, only they call the laptop 210-3000CTO, and their recommended module has a non-standard voltage of 1.35V rather than 1.5V.

The service manual mentions 2GB DDR3-1333 MHz single channel, no mention of any particular voltage, but they list a spare part number 621565-001, which I could not find in the HP store, and it would otherwise probably be way more expensive than elsewhere.

Can anybody give me more definite information, i.e. is the memory upgradable and if so, does it have to be 1.35V?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got the memory today. Replacing the memory module was quick and easy. Now both Windows Starter Edition and Linux see 2GB, and everything starts up much more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@siepo ,

When it comes to memory you may be able to use up to 2 gigs.  However, The slot provided on the motherboard may only be compatible for a 1 GIG ddr3.  Now for the money if you go an buy a 2 gig stick and put it in and it picks it up then good.  

The price for ram for a 2 gig stick is very cheap.  If it was my I would just try it.  If I was out 30 to 50 dollars and ended up with twice the ram then good.  If It didnt work then I wouldnt be worried about it and try and sell the ram.  If it was over 100 dollars to 200 dollars then I would be second guessing the whole thing.

Now from what I am seeing in the maintenance and service guide it will support a few memory options.

Here is a link to that guide.

Maintenance and Service Guide

Now it doesnt say anything about linux and that is understandable.  There are so many flavors of that OS that it would need a book for its own specs.

I hope this helps.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I followed your advice and ordered a memory upgrade from Crucial. I'll post later how it worked out, after I have received and inserted the module.

HP Recommended

I got the memory today. Replacing the memory module was quick and easy. Now both Windows Starter Edition and Linux see 2GB, and everything starts up much more quickly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.