Question

Honor Student
Mr_Crow
Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Notebook 2000 cooling fan issue

[ Edited ]

Hey, everyone. I've had my HP Notebook 2000 for a few years and I've discovered my first major issue just a few days ago when the cooling fan stopped working. I don't really mind it too much because I have a USB-powered cooling fan that my laptop rests on, and it does a pretty good job. My entire laptop remains at about the same average tempurature.

The biggest issue I'm having is every few hours, the laptop will automatically shut off because of it.

As well, when I boot it up (turn it on), it gives me a reminder that the cooling fan isn't working and I will have to press "enter" or the laptop shuts off in 15 seconds.

How can I make it so the laptop ignores the broken cooling fan? I don't want to spend the money to repair it because I can rely on the USB-powered cooling device.

Thank you!

~Mark

PhD Student
Mista B
Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: HP Notebook 2000 cooling fan issue

No you can't. Reason it probably shuts down is because cpu temps peak over safety threshhold at times thus it shuts down to prevent damage.

Cooling systems on hp's are not the best when working so thermal stress on cpu,gpu & mainboard will be bad & failure failure will occur quite quickly.

Fan assembly is very cheap & can be done DIY if you have some skill in dismantling these sort of things & following hp service manual & other online guides.

I expect a new fan & new thermal paste & shimming along with cleaning would do wonders for running temps & long term health of the notebook.

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation