Question

Honor Student
Liamo002
Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)

HP Pavilion 15 N024SA Cracked Touchscreen

Hi, 

I purchased a HP Pavilion Laptop at Christmas and out of nobodys fault but my own, I managed to crack the external touchscreen of the laptop. I have been managing so far without it now, but I am currently learning to develop windows 8 apps in college and would be great to have my touchscreen back working.

Anyways, the laptop is a HP Pavilion 15- N024SA and I have found from the maintenance manual that there is two parts to the screen assembely, a bezel and the lcd itself. I have both product numbers.

LCD= 732074-001

Display Bizel= 725617-001

I have been trying to find out whether it is just the bezel that is damaged or if I will need a new screen altogether. I know on most models of HP laptops the bezel is only a plastic frame to make the laptop more presentable, however I believe in this model it also contains the exterior glass as the bezel is on the inside of this glass. 

I know HP will fix my laptop for me, however it will cost over €250, and being a student I barely have €25 at any one time and hence cannot afford it. What I would like to know is if I will just have to replace the bezel or the entire screen. I will upload pictures later to show the extent of the damage, for now I will explain below.

• The LCD interior screen is not damaged, there is no issue with the display at all. (E.g. No discolouration, no black spots, no dead pixels)
  • There seems to be an exterior screen which is cracked and the Touchscreen features do not work anymore.
  • The Screen does not have an exterior bezel. The Bezeling is underneath the exterior Glass.

I hope this Discription helps, I would be greatful for any response and help regarding the issues.

Here is the Link to the Laptop...

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=6453712&lc=en&cc=ie&dlc=en&jumpid=oc_r1002_ieen_s-001_r0002

Product number: F4B62EA#ABU

Thanks,

Liamo

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 4 (251 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15 N024SA Cracked Touchscreen

Hi Liamo002, welcome to the HP Forums. I do not know the answer to your question. If you have a display that is not functioning, you will probably need the entire LCD. If the damage is cosmetic, or a matter of the LCD not being retained in the notebook, the bezel will probably suffice. The bezel seems to be the frame which holds the LCD in.

I have the same reference that you do.  Page 94 starts the Display assembly replacement process: Maintenance and Service Guide

When you decide, you can purchase them by part number through: HP PartSurfer

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Liamo002
Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

Hi that didn't help me solve the problem. Is there anyone who could tell me what part I need to purchase? How much would it cost for me to send it to hp to be repaired?
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)

I do not believe it is available for purchase, you can confirm this directly from phone support if you wish: HP Technical Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation