Question

Student
Baquari
Message 1 of 2 (825 Views)

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1170uk Graphics card upgrade

Hi everyone, 

First of all my computer is the: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1170uk Product number is: QD503EA. And I am a huge gamer, but recently I have purchased some new games (such as bf3 and Skyrim) which obviously require a very good graphics card. The problem is the card I have doesen't seem capable of running these games on high graphics, I can usually run it on about low/medium smoothly. 

Would you be able to tell me of a graphics card that would be a compatable upgrade that fits in the case which is capable of running these games on ultra high settings? my price range would probably be up to £300. Thanks!

Also sorry if this has been asked in before in a previous thread, i did look but coulden't find one.

Honor Student
bollos
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion HPE h8-1170uk Graphics card upgrade

have the same problem.

this MB, i.e. the IPISB-CH2 (Chicago), is supposed to take x16 GCs but it doesn't.

this is a basic trades description violation.

to run a decent GC you need a new MB!

i have just tried over the last two days to fit a new gigabyte MB into this chassis but it wouldnt have it. we even got a replacement MB thinking the first one was duff, but that didn't work either!

we ended up putting back the old chicago MB back in there and it's back to normal with the stock anaemic GT545.

firstly, really, HP should send a free MB to replace the one that was STATED as being able to run x16 GCs but in the no doubt absence of that, i need a suggestion for a new MB to replace it.

all advice welcome :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation