Question
HP Pavilion g7-1365dx RAM upgrade - How to physically replace it?
Replies (23)

Top Student
trc3
Message 11 of 24 (1,368 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g7-1365dx RAM upgrade - How to physically replace it?

Hi, most definitely, in browser loading, even playing WoW on this computer, there is definitely a speed improvement in loading screens and general startup, especially from standby.  Forgot about the step to press the tilted memory slot back down as it clicks in place in my earlier post....  I am very happy with the performance of this laptop.  Lots of bang for the buck.

Tim sends.

Top Student
trc3
Message 12 of 24 (1,368 Views)

Good stuff...hope u noticed a performance increase.  I sure have.  I also removed all the bloatware except for the one app with all the HP stuff.  I will probably remove them and then clean the registry with Advanced System Care Pro.  Seems to clean remnants well and the price is reasonable.  My laptop hums right now.

Tutor
rick0011
Message 13 of 24 (1,359 Views)

I need some help.......I installed my ram yesterday and i dont see the difference ive uninstalled only some default programs what exactly should i do i really want it at its max potencial....thanx

Student
RehaBJunkiE71
Message 14 of 24 (1,355 Views)

HP is the one who loads the bloatware [it has extra Services and apps installed and starting with your PC.

most OEMs do it (except [nameness, dont wanna piss off HP admins

i have g7-1365dx it's great but i  put a seperate copy of windows 7 professional (kept the Recovery partition)

i purchased Norton Ghost though the best possible thing to backup your hdd with.

so HP isnt locking people in by OEM RAM anymore huh?

Corsair is good stuff.

- Steve L   [goes to read the manual]

Tutor
rick0011
Message 15 of 24 (1,348 Views)

ive uninstalled more programs and switched toapple programs/ safari.itunes/quicktime...it running much faster ....now im good with speed next i need the visuals...right now it looks blocky can give me your exact visual specs?

Tutor
rick0011
Message 16 of 24 (1,307 Views)

LATEST UPDATE.....Ive been running this bby like crazy ever since i got the other ram...Ive downloaded BF3 from (kickasstorrents.com).about 6 hour download and it works beatifully :smileyhappy:..ive installed prey (original disk not downloaded) it looks as well as BF3...and no lag when playing i think thats what surprised me the most.

2 full seasons of Entourage only took 2 hours..this computer is the shizz....ive done all the speed test and calculations ive passed all the tests and ive had no indications that something is wrong performance wise.i originally got this computer for school i lucked out :smileyhappy:..more than glad to answer any questions you might have

Top Student
ande0255
Message 17 of 24 (1,276 Views)

I got my 8gb crucial ram today, and put in both sticks correctly, and when I turn the computer on, the screen stays black and two keys flash (the caps lock and num lock key) and does not show any startup screen.

I've tried each RAM individually, and both sticks work by themselves, and double check that it is Windows 7 64-bit. I'm 99.99% that I seated the RAM correctly, at an angle and then snapped it in. Anyone know what the deal is with this?
Top Student
ande0255
Message 18 of 24 (1,274 Views)

Wanted to add, if I take the second stick out, the computer fires right back up with no problems.

The second stick seems to just brick it, and I know HP will not even troubleshoot an issue if it's not their bloatware version of the OS. Hoping I can avoid sending this computer back, but I'm starting to think that second slot is a lemon : \

Top Student
ande0255
Message 19 of 24 (1,261 Views)

Wanted to let everyone know, I went through my issue with customer service via the HP Support Assistant last night, and they determined that my second RAM slot is not functioning correctly. They are sending me a pre-posted fedex box to send it in for repairs, and I'd highly recommend anyone with the same problem contact support immediately.

I'm kind of debating whether I want to just return it to best buy, but I am about 99% sure I won't be able to exchange for the same laptop, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find one as nice for the same price. Hoping HP can fix this slot up and get my laptop back to me.

I highly recommend exhausting all troubleshooting before contacting HP, as the support person kept circling back around to that the RAM was incompatible, and I explained to him six different ways that I tested both RAM modules on the first slot and both had worked individually.

I encourage everyone to get in touch with support immediately if your having the black screen with 1 blink issue when upgrading RAM, make the mofos fix their mistakes!

Support was actually very receptive about the troubleshooting I had already done, once they understood what I was telling them, which was appreciated.

Tutor
rick0011
Message 20 of 24 (1,257 Views)

Damnn thats sucks dude...Latest Update on games playable perfectly.....Need for Speed The Run

(release date nov 2011) Rage release Dec 2011) running at 1600x964 with no lag...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation