Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey, I just got an HP Pavilion and am trying to run protools on it though and audio interface. Most audio interface products use firewire, so I need to get a expresscard with firewire ports. Ii ordered a 34 express card, but it doesn't fit. The port on I have is just slightly smaller than it. Is there an express card that would fit? I am having trouble finding anything. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Standard Express card slot will fit standard Express card. There are 2 sizes: 34mm and 54mm, your card should fit both. By the way, what is your machine ? HP has thousands of Pavilion models.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

its model number 17-e020us if that helps. Then i guess this slot is not an express card slot? Just eyeballing it it is about 25% too wide. So basically if the card was about 75% of its width it would fit in the slot.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I actually can't see the Express card slot on your machine or your machines does not have an Express card slot. Are you talking about slot #6 on the following image ?

pav17.png

It's a card reader. More information is in the second manual of the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5395209

A Firewire USB adapter for your machine is a good option.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I reaslize now thats for uploading pictures. I need to find a way to plug firewire into this computer sucesfully. Would you know of a way?

HP Recommended

I've been reading that you cannot convert firewire information to usb, and that it would ruin electronics in the audio interface. I read about it here http://hddv.net/showthread.php?44125-Firewire-Adapter-to-USB-3-0. Is this true?

HP Recommended

@toolshed wrote:

Yes I reaslize now thats for uploading pictures. I need to find a way to plug firewire into this computer sucesfully. Would you know of a way?

Hi,

As mentioned above, a Firewire USB adapter should do the job, something similar to one of the following devices:

http://www.ebay.com.au/bhp/usb-firewire-adapter

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Firewire to USB adapters are a gimic. They are fundamentaly incompatable.

You will have to buy a device like Pinnacle Studio Moviebox Plus

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.