Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did it and the computer restarted.  Tried the connection - same EXACT results.  Tries to connect - then the message.

HP Recommended

So just to be clear you got the wireless driver I suggested a couple of posts ago right? 5.0.5.0

If you already got that wireless driver, do you have any anti-virus programs on the computer that weren't pre-installed? Norton Internet Securities came installed on the computer and if you've perhaps installed another security/firewall program (may have been provided by your ISP or the store you got the computer from) it could be causing an issue too. Any security programs other than Norton Internet Securities? like McAfee, Trend Micro, Avast, Kaspersky?

HP Recommended

I downloaded the driver.  Same EXACT results.  You are aware that this computer operates on Windows 7 - not 8?

HP Recommended

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. 

The Windows 7 Ralink version is 3.2.13.0. Try that one and let me know if that helps. 

HP Recommended

You can also try removing the network through Network and Sharing Center and letting the computer find it again to start fresh once you have the proper driver for Windows 7 (my apologies on the Win7/8 mix up).

See this link for instructions to remove the network profile.

HP Recommended
Should I remove it first, then install the driver and restart???
HP Recommended
Additionally, there is no network listed in the Manage Wireless Networks
HP Recommended

Yes go ahead with that Windows 7 wireless driver 3.2.13.0.

Is this a brand new computer? Has wireless ever worked on it? This will help me to know if it may be a setting change or if it could be hardware other than the wireless card itself.

HP Recommended
Tried it again with the driver you wanted. Same result!!
HP Recommended
Brand new Refurb from HP with their warranty. It has NEVER connected to ANY network other than through an ethernet. No other virus software running other than Norton. I'm about to call it quits.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.