Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

Choose only DDR3L type , it will be marked 1.35V as I mentioned previously.

Good luck for the upgrade.

HP Recommended

Hello sir.

Sorry for bothering you again but my upgrade thing didn't work out. The dealer I talked to was trying to bail out so i had to cancel the order. So now I think it'll be better to purchase direcly from HP .I called them to ask about compatible things and I did so previously also, but all they ask me to call this number or that number.  And I don't have any HP store here or any thing of that kind which I can trust.

So, I wanted to ask you regarding one RAM. I visited HP store website and found this one chip which looks to be compatible but m not sure so I wanted to ask you as you give proper advice.

HP 4 GB DDR3L-1600 1.35V SODIMM RAM ( Part code: H6Y75AA)

Or any other compatible RAM u can suggest to me please.

Also , RAM in my system is 

Samsung 4 GB DDr3 Low voltage 600 Mhz , 204 pin ( Part : M471B5173DB0 - YK0)

Can you please help me out again ? I'm sory for bothering you again & again.

HP Recommended

I have already sent you a PM , check your inbox - detailing the HP part mentioned.

That worked for me.
HP Recommended

If your ram configuration matches, which is, as far as i can figure out, 1600mhz 1.35v ddr3l sd, your laptop should support and show full 12 gb (if you're going for 8gig) but would not work in dual channel mode. So it is preferrable that you install a 4gb one (a total of 8gb, which is adequate). if, for any reason you have to go for the 8gb one, install it in the slot 1, though it will work in single channel mode the system have enough memory to fill up before going to the second slot of ram. thank you. If this helped, just drop a like.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.