Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

it looks like i have a very bad problem with my laptop probook 4530s. The laptop suddenly shuts down itself while running and when turned on same thing happens after desktop loads. However the battery is more than 60% charged! So if I plug in my charger everything goes fine!  I installed HP support assistant and it gave me a message that there is something wrong with the battery it needs replacement! so can anyone please tell me how do i get the correct and reliable and perhaps the original hp battery? i couldnt find it on hp shopping website! and also would third party battery replacements be reliable?

Thank you 

Waiting for replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello rizla,

I see you are having problems with your battery on your HP Probook.

Here are the part numbers for suitable replacement batteries in your computer.

633805-001   6 cell battery

633807-001   8 cell battery

633809-001   9 cell battery

They are all compatible with the unit and it appears they are available through the HP Part Store.

I don't have the prices for them.  Also if you Google any of the part numbers it brings a number of third party sellers. I have not used any of them so I cannot recommend any of them.

Here is a link to the HP Part store. It has a contact number on the website as well if you have questions. if you search by the part number it routes directly to the part.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
No replies? Any hp geek? Support assistant? Anyone?
HP Recommended

Hello rizla,

I see you are having problems with your battery on your HP Probook.

Here are the part numbers for suitable replacement batteries in your computer.

633805-001   6 cell battery

633807-001   8 cell battery

633809-001   9 cell battery

They are all compatible with the unit and it appears they are available through the HP Part Store.

I don't have the prices for them.  Also if you Google any of the part numbers it brings a number of third party sellers. I have not used any of them so I cannot recommend any of them.

Here is a link to the HP Part store. It has a contact number on the website as well if you have questions. if you search by the part number it routes directly to the part.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and the link! 

I talked to an hp assisstant just now online! 

so he was very helpful. Unfortunately these batteries are out of stock these days so he he gave me a list of resellers 

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Part_Resellers.aspx?geo_code=EMEA i hope someone finds it useful!

so from the list above, this seller in the uk has the appropriate part i am looking for!

http://www.chilternitparts.com/productDetail?PartNumber=633809-001

HP Recommended

Your welcome, I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

Signature

HP Recommended

well i got the battery today!

clearly there seems to be a problem. 

I ordered for 633807-001 battery and the supplier sent me a notebook battery! its perhaps part number is 643397-B21!

633807-001

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using the HP probook 4530s (15.6 inch) laptop and having the same problem with the batteries. Now I want change my battery. Inside my battery cover there is a sticker where it is mentioned that the suitable replacement battery part is 633805-001. I think that is a 6 cell battery. But I want to use 633809-001 (9 cell battery). I believe, the 9 cell battery will give me more backup. Is there any problem in using 9 cell battery instead of 6 cell one?   Kindly let me know that.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello GolamMohiuddin,

You want to upgrade your battery.

Changing the battery to a 9 cell will extend the life of the laptop and you should not have any problems swapping the battery.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

Hello, are you sure the 633807-001 will fit in the Probook 4530?

It looks like it doesn't have the proper cutouts to fit in the 4530: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Laptop-Battery-for-HP-633807-001-HSTNN-I98C-HSTNN-I98C-7-5200mah-8-Cell-...

HP Recommended

I got this one its a 6 cell long life battery (3 years) that rates at 6000mAh/65Wh and it fit my 4530s. 

http://www.safebatteries.com/hp-probook-4330s-4331s-4430s-4431s-4530s-4535s-pr06-battery.html

The page also lists a bunch of compatible part numbers in one of the information tab at the bottom. Hope this helps others.

-Bart

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.