Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I never took a notebook apart beyond installing memory, hard drives and wireless cards.

I'm sure I would mess something up if I went beyond that arena.  :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi ebraga80,

I'm in the process of doing this as well and I was wondering if you ever got that CPU upgrade done on your 6730s.

Even if the 6730s was sold with the T9400 as option (see link) I'm still a little confused since the T5670 and the T9400 seems not to share the exact same socket (see link). That seems to be related to the difference between socket PPGA478 and PGA478.

For this reason I am very interested in uderstanding whether you eventually got that upgrade done and working.

In addition I see that in the same family as the T9400 there is the T9800, which is even faster, so I was wondering whether in case the T9400 is really supported ... if I could even consider the T9800 as an option.

The nice thing is that by now these CPUs can be found on eBay for nothing 😉 ... and I am personally used in swapping CPUs in laptops.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Take care

HP Recommended

Hi,

no luck on your upgrade?

An answer would be very appreciated!

Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.