Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP G60 - 235WM system which has just had a hard-drive failure.

Prior to the failure I attempted to create a recovery disk set but the process

canceled itself in the middle of file creation. Since then I ran a system recovery which appeared to work until the second day when upon bootup I received the imminent disk failure prompt and selecting ignor doesn't do a thing... I have purchased a new drive, but need access to a recovery disk set...

I have subsequently purchased another laptop with WIN 8.1 ---- questions

Can I create a recovery disk set with the WIN 8.1 that will allow me to recover the original software from the Vista system?

or where can I obtain a recovery disk for the Vista system?

Note: the failed harddrive can be accessed via USB but will not boot..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can call HP and see if they still have a set of Vista recovery disks for your model.

If not you can get them from this vendor at the link below.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/productdetails.aspx?ID=13223

You will not be able to use a recovery disk set you create on a different model PC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can call HP and see if they still have a set of Vista recovery disks for your model.

If not you can get them from this vendor at the link below.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/productdetails.aspx?ID=13223

You will not be able to use a recovery disk set you create on a different model PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I purchased a recovery disk set am now rebuilding and recovering, Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my friend's HP Pavilion dv6-6b06sa but the suggested site only deals in North American issued devices.  Can someone suggest where I can get recovery discs for the above UK model, please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.