Question

Tutor
Stewie
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

How to clean a Dv6 Pavilion laptops fan.

Due to the back design, there is no panel to access the fan, unable to reach the fan without taking apart my entire laptop and I'd rather not ruin my laptop.

Currently using compressed air can to clean my laptop and seems to work but can't really tell. Due to the compressed air, the dust and hair gathered in the fan area can't really escape so the stuff will eventually go back to the it's original spot, blocking the air ways and since I live with 2 dogs, it can easily get clogged up again and would love a way to get it cleaned easier.

I am wondering if anyone else has suggestions for such a thing.

Would rather not fork out another £300-600 for a new laptop when I can effectively clean my laptop.

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: How to clean a Dv6 Pavilion laptops fan.

You can try to use a vacuum on it but be careful, some vacuums are too powerful and can get the blades spinning so fast that the break off.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Tutor
Stewie
Message 3 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: How to clean a Dv6 Pavilion laptops fan.

Tried a fan, didn't work at all (this was before the compressed air can), but I just made this thread to try and find another way to clean my laptops fan than spend money on compressed air cans.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation