How to replace HP G62 model Laptop keybaord? (9146 Views)
Student
Message 1 of 3 (9,146 Views)

How to replace HP G62 model Laptop keybaord?

Hi,

Couple of my Laptop key's are not working (key-B,N,CAPS,F12,etc)..may i know the exact reason?as i try yo restore my lapotp with one month back date but its not working.If any troubleshoot steps i can do it please share me.otherwise please let me know if how i can replace the laptop keyboard.please let  me know the details method of methods step by step method i can do my self to avoid engineer's visit in my house.

regards

vinod

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (9,145 Views)

Re: How to replace HP G62 model Laptop keybaord?

HI,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

262220 wrote:

Hi,

Couple of my Laptop key's are not working (key-B,N,CAPS,F12,etc)..may i know the exact reason?as i try yo restore my lapotp with one month back date but its not working.If any troubleshoot steps i can do it please share me.otherwise please let me know if how i can replace the laptop keyboard.please let  me know the details method of methods step by step method i can do my self to avoid engineer's visit in my house.

regards

vinod

Keys normally stop working because of spillage of  sticky substance (coffee, sugared tea, etc.) that causes the key to no longer move as it should.

Here is a video that shows how to replace the keyboard.

Best regards,
erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
raj1981
Message 3 of 3 (3,115 Views)

Re: How to replace HP G62 model Laptop keybaord?

Hi,

I have a G62 laptop. I think the problem is not model specific. The key "N" always produces 2 n's on screen unless

i tap it very hard. Do i need to replace the whole keyboard or just a single key or is there something else i can do to

rectifiy this?

thannks, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation