Question

Student
Erick71123
Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)

I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

My computer has an intel I3 Processor and I want to know how can I make it possible to change it for an Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme, I heard that there is a version of this processor for laptops. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook, I would like to know if this is possible with this processaor or at least one that works faster, so if I change it for the intel core i7 extreme I would like to install the latest processor that is possible to make it works faster.

This link is for my computer specifications HP Pavilion DV4-2162nr

This link is for the Inter Processor that I want to install Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (113 Views)

Re: I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

Hi,

Well, you may want to check the first manual of the following link first:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=4125879

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
PhD Student
PeerOne
Message 3 of 4 (104 Views)

Re: I want to upgrade my processor in my HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook

Erick71123 wrote:

My computer has an intel I3 Processor and I want to know how can I make it possible to change it for an Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme, I heard that there is a version of this processor for laptops. My computer is the HP Pavilion dv4-2162nr Entertainment Notebook, I would like to know if this is possible with this processaor or at least one that works faster, so if I change it for the intel core i7 extreme I would like to install the latest processor that is possible to make it works faster.

This link is for my computer specifications HP Pavilion DV4-2162nr

This link is for the Inter Processor that I want to install Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme

Well first off what is your Product Number that will tell if you board can take a i7 processor?

Asking For Help - Some Basic TIPS.
1. What is the P/N?
2. O/S?
3. Give Much Details as to the problem if possible.

Don't PM me if you don't allow PM InReturn.
Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)

The processor page you have linked is for a desktop processor series which you will never be able to install in a laptop. It might be possible to install a laptop version of an i7, however. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation