Question

Honor Student
macgoms
Message 1 of 3 (9,716 Views)

Laptop HP Pavilion dv600 specs upgrade

hi..

I had HP Pavilion dv6000 with  INTEL CORE 2 DUO Processor at 2.5 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB (IDE) hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS Graphics, Windows Vista Home 32-bit OS.

What are those possible hardware to upgrade for me to get high speed processing without compromising my motherboard. I want to change my Operating system also aside from Windows Vista maybe Windows 7 is better.

Any help please...

Thanks in advance.

macgoms

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 3 (9,714 Views)

Re: Laptop HP Pavilion dv600 specs upgrade

macgoms wrote:

hi..

I had HP Pavilion dv6000 with  INTEL CORE 2 DUO Processor at 2.5 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB (IDE) hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS Graphics, Windows Vista Home 32-bit OS.

What are those possible hardware to upgrade for me to get high speed processing without compromising my motherboard. I want to change my Operating system also aside from Windows Vista maybe Windows 7 is better.

Any help please...

Thanks in advance.

macgoms

Hi,

I don't think that investing money into that laptop is a good idea. A dual core is a bit out of date because Windows take too much resources for itself and any other running app will make the laptop slow. Sell it and buy some used core iX laptop..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
macgoms
Message 3 of 3 (9,710 Views)

Re: Laptop HP Pavilion dv600 specs upgrade

is there any idea aside from selling?

thanks,,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation