Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do you ungrade HP Model 15-g019wm Laptop memory. Is the memory located under keyboard or do I need to remove the back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@otbelgard wrote:

How do you ungrade HP Model 15-g019wm Laptop memory. Is the memory located under keyboard or do I need to remove the back?

Hi

There is only 1 slot for the upgrade, supports up to 8 GB of system RAM. I assume your laptop came with 4GB RAM, so replacing that with 8GB is that you're trying, right?

Configuration supported:

DDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel Support

DDR3L-1333-MHz Single Channel Support (DDR3-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)

This is the user manual.

Go through Page 65,

It says:

You have to Remove the battery and then remove the following components:

● Keyboard 

● Top cover

● WLAN module

● System board

So, its not an easily accessible area,

I suggest you to Contact HP for the upgrade, if you're not technically used to this.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@otbelgard wrote:

Hi

There is only 1 slot for the upgrade, supports up to 8 GB of system RAM. I assume your laptop came with 4GB RAM, so replacing that with 8GB is that you're trying, right?

Configuration supported:

DDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel Support

DDR3L-1333-MHz Single Channel Support (DDR3-1600 downgrade to DDR3-1333)

This is the user manual.

Go through Page 65,

It says:

You have to Remove the battery and then remove the following components:

● Keyboard 

● Top cover

● WLAN module

● System board

So, its not an easily accessible area,

I suggest you to Contact HP for the upgrade, if you're not technically used to this.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Thanks for the infomation. It was a pain changing the memory but it did help. What I think will help more will be removing win 8.1 and installing Win 7.

HP Recommended

@otbelgard wrote:

Thanks for the infomation. It was a pain changing the memory but it did help. What I think will help more will be removing win 8.1 and installing Win 7.

You're welcome 🙂

Go through this thread, HP Expert lasvegaswireman has explained it clearly if you're planning for downgrade to Windows 7, it may help.

thanks,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.