Question

Top Student
Dragon58
Message 1 of 36 (25,894 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laptop cooling fan not working properly

i have a hp g62-457dx laptop and when i turn it on, it states the fan is not working correctly, then shuts down after 15 seconds or continues to windows if you press enter.  I cleaned all the air vent with compressed air and still get same mesage when i power up.  how do i open the unit and check/replace the fan myself?

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 36 (25,879 Views)

Re: Laptop cooling fan not working properly

Hello Dragon58,

I understand you’re experiencing overheating issues with your laptop.

Here is the service & maintenance guide for your computer. Go to page 77 and that will give you the instruction on how to get to the fan.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Top Student
Dragon58
Message 3 of 36 (25,871 Views)

Hello RedRose0528,

Thank you for the information. There is just one more thing that I want to do but get conflicting info on.  The system specs states that I have 4 GB ddr3 memory (2 DIMM).  It doesn't tell me what the mHZ is.  When I took off the cover of the memory, a tag on on it states Kingston PC3 10600s.  I was told it was 1067 mHz.  Which is correct and do I have to replace the memory in pairs or can I mix the (ex: 4GB & 2GB or 4GB & 4GB)

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 4 of 36 (25,870 Views)

Dragon58,

According to the service guide and some other information I found, the board does accept 1066 MHz Ram, i haven't seen written documentation telling me it would support 1067 MHz so I would stick with 1066. Also you don't have to replace memory in pairs you can do 1 stick at a time mix them it wouldn't hurt. 

Hope this answers your question 

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Top Student
Dragon58
Message 5 of 36 (25,860 Views)

Again, thank you for the information RedRose0528.  I appreciate all your help.

Student
Lauriehh
Message 6 of 36 (25,808 Views)

I have the same thing happen to me on a brand new laptop i just bought from HP saying cooling fan isnot working properly
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 36 (25,798 Views)

Hello Lauriehh,

What is your product number?  If it is new, it is covered by warranty and you can call in and speak to a rep to help troubleshoot.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, begin Here.

Please let me know if you decide to call - if you reply with your product number, I'll do my best to help.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
BBmama13
Message 8 of 36 (20,526 Views)

I have an HP Pavilion g7 Windows 8 laptop which just started haveing this same problem. Can you please tell me how to fix this. Thanks

Teacher
Chrizzy2013
Message 9 of 36 (20,496 Views)

Hello BBmama13,

I saw your post and would like to help you.

If your product is still under warranty call into HP and ask for a rep to help you troubleshoot. 

What is the product number? Please click here for instructions on how to find it.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping! 

Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it. 
I work on behalf of HP.

Chrizzy
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Student
kerry4614
Message 10 of 36 (18,582 Views)

When I contacted tech support they wanted me to send the laptop and recovery disc because they will also be cleaning the hard drive so it is the way it comes from the factory. No way did I want to send it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation