Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day,

Our fan is not working anymroe. We have installed the HP Support Assistant but not gotten any usefull feedback and also tried to install the HP cooling program but that one wasn't compatible with the model we have, CNF80176SP. What should we do? We are going to buy a can on compressed air to clean out the computer but the fan is not even on so I don't think tha will make a big difference.

Thank you guys in advance

HP Recommended
My HP g7 cooling fan stopped 1 week after my warranty. Makes me sick
HP Recommended

Most of the time this error is caused by:

sshot50c9ed4e52312.jpg

HP Recommended

hp pavillion laptop are rubbish ive had nothing but problems with them first the screen flicker then the fan stop working leading too overheating never again will i buy anything by this awful company

HP Recommended

sometimes fan jams due to dirt. so clean your laptop properly may fix your fan problem. and save your money.

HP Recommended

can you help me please

HP Recommended

My wife complained that her HP laptop was irratic and seemed hot after a few hours use.     Upon restart there was an error message that the temperature was too hot and damage was possible.

I found the "HELP" section and entered, and it repeated the error message, so I knew I was on the right track.

The fan vents were NOT filled with dust/lint.      But, I noticed there was very small 'air gap' under the computer, and that an after market wrist suppport along the front would restrict air flow.    

I then found some felt pads (normally used to put on chair legs to prevent scratching the floor) and applied them to the four corners.    This increased the air gap to about 3/16 inch.      After 1 hour run the computer is noticably cooler.

HP Recommended

My fan on my laptop is not  working properly what can I do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.