Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Pavilion G6 and its very frustrating. I am unfortunately out of warranty and want to know how to fix this.  Can you tell me the parts I will need in order to do this

Kinda frustrated that I have these problems and only owned the laptop a little over the year (warranty expired last week)

HP Recommended

I use a duster air compressor to clean my fan and now it is telling me that the fan is not working well. How do i fix this ?

HP Recommended
I just purchased A G7 pavilion in September which is literally in like new Condition from a trusted seller on Amazon and now I'm getting the error message about the cooling fan. I tried blowing in the vents and even bought a laptop cooler and the error message went away about a couple of weeks ago now the error message is back...I am so mad! The laptop is out of warranty and I refuse to pay $300 to have the fan fixed, that is more than what paid for the laptop and plus nobody has that type of money to just shell out on repairs when I can buy a better laptop for a cheaper price. I will buy a better laptop if I need to. My other Hp laptop that I've had for 2 years is fine and my Acer works fine but this G7 Pavilion which is the newest one is showing the error message about the fan which is crazy because I just got it. This is totally ridiculous! I am seeing so many people are having the same kind of problem.
HP Recommended

I have HP 1000

It says "one of your fans is not working properly"

I bought it a year ago

How to fix it?

HP Recommended

I just replaced the cooling fan myself on my Pavilion G7-1261nr; it was VERY easy! I have a copy of the service manual from HP which showed/instructed me how to disassemble the unit, so that helped greatly.

I bought a new cooling fan, which appears to be completely identical to the original, on Amazon.com for about $12 (I got the part number from HP by entering my serial number on the HP Parts Surfer website, then I searched Amazon for the part number HP provided me). I also bought a tube of Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, which needs to be reapplied to the CPU (after cleaning the old thermal paste from it), for about $7.50, also from Amazon.

Amazingly, the laptop booted up after I put it back together - I'm typing this message on it right now! 🙂

HP Recommended
'm out of warranty, and the fan of my laptop is not working, i use hp compaq CQ57
HP Recommended

what do you mean,im still learning how to use my laptop

HP Recommended

how do i go to page 77 pleaz

HP Recommended
i have hp note 2000
nd my laptop displaying the msg that COOLING FAN IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY nd shutdown after 15sec..
what is the solution??
please help me???
HP Recommended
I have laptop of hp pavlion g6 ,now its cooling fan is not working , what would i do in this situation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.