Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I faced the exactly the same " hinge" broken on the right side. I am so disappointed. It broken just one week after my warranty expired.

I never drop it. I used it as study laptop.

What should I do now?

HP Recommended

Hello fionaliu. I understand the hinge appears to be broken, and your warranty is expired. Unfortunately, to repair the hinge, you would have to contact HP and they will inform you of the price for repair. You can find the support number closest to your region, on this website: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

This is the truth behind the mistic. We have 24 envy same model same **bleep**.  15 have the same left hinge issue HP had to recall this model this is a manufacturing  issue. So hp what is next????????????

HP Recommended

I got a phone call, it cost more than $100 to repair it. As a student, the price is too too high for me. Again, I never misuse it, it's hard for me to accept this price.

I know my laptop is not under warranty but it's only 10 days after warranty expire! I feel disappointed with HP product and service.......

HP Recommended

I have an hp envy 6. same issue- left hinge just busted when i was opening it. had it sitting on the coffee table, went to open it up, and the front panel of the screen just bulged out until the hinge popped through. there was literally nothing i could do. i tried being gentle, reclosing it, but nothing. there was no way for me to see what was even wrong without opening it. i loved this computer. it's fast and efficient and never lets me down. until today. i am literally just a few weeks past my warranty. and i am so frustrated. upon googling this issue, i see it is an issue with lots of their computers- especially this one. this is my 3rd hp computer. it is only my 3rd because they always last me so long. i usually recommend the computers to my friends, classmates, and colleagues. now that i hear that they won't fix this known-issue, i am not certain i will be coming back. i can accept responsibility for my mistakes. but i did not cause this issue. i have not dropped this computer, i keep it clean and inside a case at all times, and i have been extra careful with it as i need it to get me through grad school. i cannot afford a new computer, and frankly, i cannot afford to pay 100 to fix it. looks like i'll be holding what's left of this thing together with duct tape.

HP Recommended

My hp envy has a broken right hinge after 7 months of normal wear and tear.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to get it fixed?  I contacted hp already and they stated my computer's warranty is up.  It was a three month warranty.  This was a Christmas gift so I had no chance to buy extended warranty.  Even if I did have a chance, I probably wouldn't think that warranties usually last at least a year on their own.  I can't imagine a company that gives a 90 day warranty on an item that is this expensive.  Do they not believe in their product? I was surprised when they stated I need to pay for repairs over two hundred dollars because they just won't fix the hinge they would also clean and relplace my whole keyboard.  It is sad when the plastic piece that is holding these two pieces together does not appear to be costly but replacing it makes me think I should just buy a whole other system from another company.

HP Recommended

Hi guys

I need help!

i have a HP ENVY 6 Notebook PC, and the 1 year warranty finished  2 months ago.

The other day  I tried closing my screen and noticed i couldnt as it was making a creaking sound, so i turned it around and it looked like screen was coming apart from the bottom left side, 

i went to currys, who said it will cost a lot to fix it, and insisted on blaming me for dropping the laptop! through dr.google i have found this thread

can anyone help?!

HP Recommended

My hp envy dv 7 left hinge is broke.  I have only had this laptop for one year.  Best Buy told me it was going to cost me up to 300.00 to fix.  I am extremely upset.

HP Recommended

Same model. Same problem. No warranty.

Yaaaay for HP!
Only paid 1400$ for this **bleep**

HP Recommended

How do I send my laptop to HP to have the lid fixed??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.