Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I wanted to be fair here, and I did hear back from HP and spoke with someone and am sending off my unit to be fixed tomorrow.  If I have any further issues, I will post them but for now, I thank HP for taking care of this and look forward to having my unit fixed.

HP Recommended

I have given HP an opportunity to contact me regarding this, and despite thinking Christmas might have gotten in the way, I've still heard nothing.

I also agree that contacting Trading Standards may be the only way to bring about a positive outcome for the masses of people who have invested in a HP laptop, only to find that months into its lifecyle, a large number of users are experiencing the same common fault.

I will take a slightly different approach in that I will spend a few evenings collating user feedback from the various forums on the internet. I'll then forward this to Trading Standards and see what they can do to take it forward on our behalf.

HP Recommended
I'd also like to add that I've spoken to someone at HP who have agreed to repair it out of Warranty due to the fact this has been repaired before.

The main concern I have is this is clearly a design defect and almost certain the repaired laptop will also be stiff and the hinge will break again, of which HP stated they wouldn't repair again unless it was within 90 days of the repair.

So do I just simply act like the laptop is going to break at any point and make sure I'm gentle or call them as soon as it turns up with a stiff hinge next week. Hmm

Either way I'm glad HP have offered to repair the laptop. They just really need to look into a design fault with this laptop.
HP Recommended
i just got the same issue.I hav hp pavillion g6 notebook bt my right hinge is very little removed when i try to close my screen it makes a Creeping noise....
i m worried what to do now
Any help will b grateful.
Thanks
HP Recommended

@Ragas ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I just had my hp envy's left hinge separate. When I open the laptop it pushes the plastic underside apart from the chasis. I purchased this computer on black Friday 2013 and have used it very little over the past 15 months. I know it is out of warranty and I don't know if we have the receipt or not... very sad. Looks like I will have to return my sights to Apple MacBook Pro. This was a very fine machine for the few hours I actually used it, but I doubt HP is going to stand by their product.
HP Recommended
@kevin-t

Thank you i will wait for their response:)
HP Recommended
Well I was able to find my receipt, so I hope there is some help to be found.
HP Recommended

@bfarringer ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This seems to be happening to a lot of people.  My PC has the same issue - left hing is broken.  At first the screw kept coming out then one day it just busted.  Now the color on my screen is affected as everything is "snowy."  

I know it is out of warranty but when something is a defect you have to stand behind your product and fix it.  I own 4 HP computers but this may be my last.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.