Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

No, but I wrote quite a few messages to this forum as you will see if you search. There are about 3 or 4 different threads on this same topic in this forum.

HP Recommended
One might even think, Product Reliability is subjective and vague if you go by what the HP support agents are told to recite on call. But there are very precise definitions for measuring reliability. The place I worked, we were required to test our auto products in salt chamber, with elevated temps, for 100k cycles to a million cycles or more. depending on the type of the component or unit tested.

In our HP notebook broken Hinge case, assuming a heavy user will open and close the laptop screen for 20 times a day, 365 days a year, 7 years of laptop life. then it would translate to 51,100 cycles. Which would require, this laptop design be tested with a pneumatic arm to open and close Laptop Screens for atleast 100,000 cycles (twice as much as design upper limits). But, I highly doubt HP laptops and its components were even tested for 1000 cycles.

I open and close my lid twice a day, 5 days a week, 18 months of ownership (first 12 months warranty! what a joke). = 780 cycles past, and it failed. broken pieces fall.

"Designed in California and Made in China" whatever it stands for.
HP Recommended

Hi @kt1107 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Day 6.

No one from HP has called me yet, nor offered to take care of this issue. 

HP Recommended
Lol I'm on like month 3 with nothing back from them. Hp lost a customer in me, and I tell everyone thinking about getting hp laptops to stear clear. I can understand wanting to increase sales revenue, but the computer world doesn't seem to need these shady business practices since the technology half life seems to be about 4 years. I used my laptop lightly for just over 1 year and it failed. A premium top of the line envy model failed in less than a year, and it wasn't the hdd, it wasn't the display, it wasn't the processor... a lowly hinge pin is the culprit. You guys are starting to make Microsoft and its many design flaws on the 360 look almost saintly. I check up on this thread a few times a month and it seems like any dialogue with HP or its representatives is long since dead. I handed my information off about 3 months ago and have yet to get any response.
HP Recommended
I recently got a chromebook, I've had it for nearly a month and my screen won't come on. Sometimes it'll flicker then go out again. That's about it. I was told that some wiring is loose that senses when the device is open. My chromebook has rarely left my desk, and has never been dropped. The store i got it at will not except exchanges or returns of computers passed 15 days. I feel robbed of mymoney. This isn't what I paid for and it should be fixed.
HP Recommended

@ChloeRose717

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

These 2 posts have to be removed, DONT YOU SEE ITS ONLY HINGE ISSUE BEING DISCUSSED IN THIS?

HP Recommended

When my Hinge broke, I searched forums and found this thread and posted it in here. I DID NOT POST MY HINGE PROBLEM ON A "LAPTOP NOT FUNCTIONING, I AM A BLONDE" Thread.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my envy and it started popping apart from the left hinge side...I'm in horror after reading all these complaints on here and it seems HP is ignoring the fact this issue is due to an error on their part.

I feel she should either get a refund or get our money back.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.