Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@blaze17

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Tell me about it. Dont worry we are all with you. I am typing this reply from the same notebook, as it was a month ago. Left hinge broken and shaky. I dont close the screen these days, fearing it might completely come off.

Yesterday, Some one from Executve escalations called me , (after 3 weeks of silence). I really thought, they were going to do something about my broken laptop. But, the person, apologized and told me, she was going to ask me a series of questions and she needed my response.

I got ready....and she asked.

1) how would you rate HP? on 1 to 5 (1 being worst)

2) how would you rate HP quality?

3) How  would you rate our customer service skills?

4) Would you buy HP again?

5) Would you recommend HP to friends and family?

I was just blown away!!! period! By this!

When I received a call after 3 weeks of silence, i really thought someone was going to do something about it. But, it was yet another, passing the buck call. Buck keeps getting passed on and on ....and on....

Capitalism and Bureacracy of large organizations are built in itself to kill its own cells...shedding off business units altogther, because, it cant build quality products that last for a long time, nor can it build successful and profitable business, for the lack of the same ...HP will perish for same reasons. I dumped all my HP stocks on my portfolio and loaded up on 30K worth of Apple Stocks. 

Also looking at buying a new Macbook Pro. Which will actually last me 5 years. despite spending 1.5K. my HP Envy lasted me 18months for 1K.

HP Recommended

Come on Omar and Jeff, where are the usual Lip service post?  Saying HP will contact you soon. Like its a person. How lame?

HP Recommended

Hi Jeff, 

I'm back again. Here's my post from March of last year http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Frustrated-with-HP-Envy-6-1001TX-hinges-sna...

I was very pleased with the service last time. It was dealt with very efficiently although I was without my laptop for almost a month.

The exact same thing has happened again. Last night I closed my laptop lid and the hinge snapped clean off.

Last time despite the laptop being 14 months old HP admitted this was a design flaw and repaired it for free. Here I am again 13 months later with exactly the same problem. 

Can you please have one of your representatives contact me about resolving this for me. I don't think another repair is necessarily the best way forward as I'm sure I'd just be back here again in another year. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

Hi @DFrankJones ,

I have sent a follow up to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello

Would it be possible for someone from HP to contact me regarding my laptop please?

It's a HP Sleekbook which has never missed a beat but one of the hinges has now broken and it makes the machine unuseable. I don't even dare open or close the screen in case the other hinge gives way.

If anyone from HP could get in touch regarding a repair then I'd be very grateful.

HP Recommended

@AP0ll0UK,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi kevin-t

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I'll look forward to speaking with your colleagues regarding this.

HP Recommended

I have an Envy Laptop which I haven't used much (it is a spare) and have looked after well. Today the left hand hinge came off, with other issues. I have seen the number of those who have experienced the same thing. This is certainly a design/manufacturing issue which HP should offer to fix at their expense/recall.

If one has this experience with a brand like this it will impact on brand image and reputaion in a very negative way. Because it is grossly unfair to expect consumers to pay for defects of this type.

I posed this on the Australian Facebook website but never got a direct reply, simply saying that someone will contact me. I wait with bated breath, nothing so far. HP for me now means Hopeless Purchase.

HP Recommended

Hi @Fairplay ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.