Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My ENVY Ultrabook 6 -1120sq has succombed to the same issue. Left hinge locked, forcing top cover and display to split. As it was impossible to close the lid without cracking the LCD display I had to remove the hinge.

This seems to me as a general issue on this models.  Should be covered under a recall?

Now I do not know what I am sussposed to replace. The hinge, the entire top case? 

HP Recommended

Just realize this is the exact issue that my laptop has experienced. The loose hinge caused the alumimum and plastic parts of the body near the hinge to seperate (the screw appears to have popped out). Shortly thereafter, the fan stopped working and now an entire shutdown. It won't boot without restarting itself.

HP Recommended
Waste of bytes, nobody gives a **bleep** about this "minor ocurrences". They'll see it in their NPS sooner rather than later...
HP Recommended

@buckeyes1

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

@CaesarD

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HELP!!!!

For the 3rd time, a hinge on my HP laptop has broken!  Have had two repairs done on the left hinge and now it is the right hinge that has snapped and the flange is coming apart.  Please fix this for me,  the computer is still working fine  except for this design flaw. Please reply ASAP as I don't want it to get any worse.

HP Recommended

@dancewithmarg

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I've experienced a similar problem to many in this thread. In fact, not too many comments up I read what seems to be an identical scenario to mine.

I have a HP Envy TouchSmart 15-j051ea Notebook PC. The left hinge has broke, and it has caused the plastic to seperate, resulting in the screw holding the case together near to the hinge to pop right out. 

It's still functional, but closing and shutting the laptop gives an awful cracking sound and so I keep it open at all times to avoid further damage. The aesthetic damage beyond the dropping of the hinge is a minor loss of snapped plastic.

Any assistance with how to fix the hinge would be appreciated. My main wish to get it back to how it was (not so fussed about the snapped plastic). Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

HP Recommended

Hello,

My hinge is broken too.  I called and just to have it sent there to look at it and no repairs was going to be $249?  I think that is.  It is deffinitely $250 +.  

By the time I pay that and what ever else will be added on it, I might as well put that towards a new one.  What a shame.  I paid $2000 for this and now it has come down so much in price. 

Is there anyway that I can try and fix it myself?  The computer is still working, but the corner just wants to keep popping up and off now.  I am surprised that it just doesn't break.

Any help out there?

HP Recommended

Did you ask them for a discount?...When they first contacted me, they asked for $300...I took issue with that price and the guy told me to wait on the phone while he check to see whether I could be given a discount...I finally ended up paying $140.

I'm not sure what criteria they use when they give discount, but maybe you're eligible for one.

I was still a bit miff for having to pay anything since this stuff is clearly a design flaw, but considering I paid $600 for this laptop, I might as well pay the $140 to keep it running...$300 which is half the price I paid for the laptop, was unacceptable for me.

In your case, you paid $2000 for your laptop...you might as well pay the $300 since it's about 1/6 of the price you paid for the laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.