Laptop wont recognize new hard drive... (563 Views)
Student
Shinitenshi
Message 1 of 2 (563 Views)

Laptop wont recognize new hard drive...

Hello, my name is Moises and i have a hp pavilion dv6000 and my hard drive just died.  I looked up some information and purchased a Samsung hd500ji 2.5 500gb and for some reason it's not listed on bios. I ran Ultimate BOOT CD to see what some of the programs detect it and yes it shows up.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (539 Views)

Re: Laptop wont recognize new hard drive...

Shinitenshi wrote:

Hello, my name is Moises and i have a hp pavilion dv6000 and my hard drive just died.  I looked up some information and purchased a Samsung hd500ji 2.5 500gb and for some reason it's not listed on bios. I ran Ultimate BOOT CD to see what some of the programs detect it and yes it shows up.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi, 

This laptop is a bit old and the new hard drive is probably not supported by the BIOS. The biggest hard drive for a Dv6000 laptop is 200GB 4200rpm or 160GB 5400rpm. I suggest to buy a 160GB 5400rpm one and also some external storage for data. As you can see your old hard drive died so use the hard drive in the laptop for system only and keep important data somewhere else...

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation