Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Windows 7

I bought hp paviliong g6-2016tx laptop in the year 2012 and with an year additional warranty , the warranty ended in 2014-aug/sepetember

recently i observed that the left hinge and the connecting base cover of the laptop got broken and getting seperated, when i searched the net its a most occuring problem for hp pavilion g6/dv6/envy/probooks if i would have known this issue well before purchase i would have stayed away from hp, previously i had dell notebook , which is top notch in build quality compared to this cheap glossy plastic,i paid 45 k inr for this thing which seriously looks cheap build,

when the problem is occuring repeatedly in lot of ur notebook models that too the same problem , why hp hasnt done anythign like replacement/fixing of such things at free of cost even though warranty got expired, because seriously its a manufacturing/assembly design line defect, being a mechanical engineer iam sure about it,  you being a BIGGER corporation with good reputation,  you should have addressed  this issue well before, check or google it out , you will know about this problem with your hp notebooks especially the broken left hinge , everybody is complaining about the same but there is no official announcement from your hp side,

i decided to stay away from HP next time, thank god i thought of buying hp stream series i got saved!!

goodbye hp

gote
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks to JeffHelp, Mr.ABG Tilak(hp authorized service) , Mr. Biraja Prasad Bidhar(Case Manager , Indian customer relations) and Mr.kevin-t(Moderator-support forums) for assisting me and in getting the broken base cover replacement

thankyou guys!

gote

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@ravi_goteti ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

nothing has been done and none of the tech team members contacted me

disgusting experience with hp

thanks

gote
HP Recommended

Thanks Jeffhelp ,Mr.ABJ TILAK (hp authorized service ) and Mr.Biraja Prasad Bidhar (Case Manager . India Customer relations) for assisting and in getting the broken base cover replacement

thankyou guys!

gote
HP Recommended

Thanks to JeffHelp, Mr.ABG Tilak(hp authorized service) , Mr. Biraja Prasad Bidhar(Case Manager , Indian customer relations) and Mr.kevin-t(Moderator-support forums) for assisting me and in getting the broken base cover replacement

thankyou guys!

gote
HP Recommended

Did yours get fixed free of charge?

HP Recommended

Write NBC to suggest they investigate this topic.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40220716/

Also you could complain to www.ftc.gov

More voices complaining may get something done.

HP Recommended

I'm having that same hinge and base seperation issue as everyone else.

Can someone help me with this?

HP Recommended

Can you help me with the same hinge/case seperation issue with my HP Envy?

HP Recommended

@AliJessen

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.