Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi there

i have tried to upgrade memory on my MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) mobo on G5350uk

originally the 4gb ram was in the no2 blue slot on its own

after searching the web for information i was told to put in no1 slot (black) and put extra 4gb into the other black one

made sure that it was identical ram pc3 10600

pc recognises it but keep getting BSOD or game dropping out

unable to find information on how to set up ram for correct order.

please help as i need to find out if im doing something wrong or its the memory thats faulty

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey widget67, 

I would recommend running a test on the RAM with HP System Diagnostics and with a 3rd party program like memtest. Here are the steps for the HP System Diagnostics memory test

1. Turn off the computer.
2. Use one of the following methods:

Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the HP System Diagnostics program opens.

OR

Turn on the computer and immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup menu opens. Then press F2 .

3. The System Diagnostics window allows you to run several diagnostic tests. Each test determines if the hardware is functioning properly, and displays an error message and a warranty ID if there is a hardware failure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also recommend testing it with just the original memory installed to confirm that it is an issue with the new memory module. If it runs fine with the original memory, you may consider replacing/exchanging the new memory.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

I am having a very similar problem. However it is not the RAM, as I've tried 2 different brands of RAM and the shop have tested them and confirmed they work. It's identical ram pc3 10600, 2 4 gb sticks including the 2 gb that came with the pc. If i boot with the original ram and the 2 extras it tries to boot , then fails, completely, then tries again and continues to do that. If I try with the original ram and one of the new ones it gets stuck at the HP screen.  If I do it with just 1 of the new ram sticks,  it gets to starting up windows just before you enter your password and gives me a BSOD. It only works with the stock ram, refuses to work with any other. I've tried putting the new ram in the socket where the original ram works and it still gives BSOD. So it isn't the DIMM sockets. I ran diagnostics when I have a single ram stick in there and it confirms that it is there but can't read it, stays at zero percent. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Hello Victiln192.  I understand you're having some trouble with your memory.

What computer do you own?  This document can show you how to identify it by the product number.

What is the exact brand/model of RAM that you've purchased?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

My comptuter model is p6370a 
the product number is BK387AA-ABG
The ram I've purchesed is http://www.ballicom.co.uk/kvr13n9s8k28-kingston-valueram--memory--8-gb--2-x-4-gb--dimm-240pin--ddr3-...
I didn't buy it from this manufacture I brought it from my local MSY , referred to me when they checked my mobo specs. 
This was just the quickest example of the ram I got. The model is kvr13n9s8k2/8

HP Recommended

Good morning Victiln192.

Does the original RAM have any timing information on it?  It would be listed as either a "CL#" term or as a string of four numbers such as 7-7-7-21.

Also, have you tried updating your BIOS?  

Have a lovely day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

Yes I have updated my BIOS with no luck and the original ram has CH9 written on it.

HP Recommended

Good morning Victiln192.

Everything about the RAM implies that it should work.  It matches the upgrade information (click here) provided by HP.  Also, the timing matches so that isn't causing an issue.

I have sent this post up to the appropriate team for review.  When I have more information I will make sure to update this thread.

Keep an eye out for my reply and have a great weekend.

HP Recommended

Understood, thankyou for your assistance. 

HP Recommended

Was this question ever properly answered? I'm having the exact same issue currently

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.