Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

memory.jpg

I opened up the back of the notebook (HP 15-f039wm ) and saw this. This is a 4gb stick, with an identical slot right next to it. This slot however seems to have none of the clips to support a second stick. So is this slot just nothing now then? And if so, is their by chance an 8gb version of the stick pictured there? Offered by HP or otherwise?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is not a memory slot just the place on the motherboard where higher end versions of the same motherboard have a second memory slot actually built on. Your picture has quite a bit of glare so I cannot read the writing on the white label or on the memory stick but yes it can accept a single 8 gig memory module in the one slot there is. We can help you find one at a reasonable price. Walmart models are special built using components also used in higher end laptops but defeatured so they can be sold at the lowest possible price.

Your laptop uses DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

That is not a memory slot just the place on the motherboard where higher end versions of the same motherboard have a second memory slot actually built on. Your picture has quite a bit of glare so I cannot read the writing on the white label or on the memory stick but yes it can accept a single 8 gig memory module in the one slot there is. We can help you find one at a reasonable price. Walmart models are special built using components also used in higher end laptops but defeatured so they can be sold at the lowest possible price.

Your laptop uses DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...

HP Recommended

Awesome, thank you.

HP Recommended
Would the HP 15-f039wm work just as reliably with this Crucial 8GB module, PC3-12800, DDR3L-1600, 1.35 or 1.5 v? Crucial says they have thoroughly tested it on the HP 15-039wm. I bought one, to receive it within a week.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006YG8X9Y/ref=psdc_172500_t1_B00CQ35HBQ $68.76 free shipping

HP Recommended

I purchased the 8gb memory sticks to upgrade but you do not have a memory slot on back. How do I open the case to get to the memory stick (I have 2 of these laptops and need to upgrade both)

HP Recommended

Then you must have a different model because that model does have a memory access panel. Many newer HP models do not. Look inside the battery bay if the battery is removeable to find the model number. 

HP Recommended

15-g035wm  Rev: 22CD-100

HP Recommended

can i upgrade this computer modle HP Notebook - 15-r132wm with the 8 gig hard drive or memeory stick 

HP Recommended

or memory stick?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.