Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion g7 notebook

Windows 7 Pro sp1

Problem: installed 8Gb memory. System information shows all 8gb by says only 3.48GB available to windows.  How do I get Windows to access all memory.

Thanks in advance, I having been looking at this problem for weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

found solution.  you need to install the same manufacturers memory in both slots.  I installed new memory all from the same company and I finally have the 8 GB.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following steps:

• Hold down the Windows Key and press R (or just Click Start),
  • Type msconfig in the Run box (or Search box) and hit Enter,  
  • In the System Configuration windows, click the Boot tab,
  • Click the Advanced Options button,
  • Un-stick the box next to 'Maximum Memory',  
  • Click OK,
  • Click Apply and then OK to get out,
  • Restart the notebook for the change to take effect.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, did not change anything.  Do you have more ideas.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have 64 bit windows 7 pro.

HP Recommended

found solution.  you need to install the same manufacturers memory in both slots.  I installed new memory all from the same company and I finally have the 8 GB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.