Question

Tutor
shuva
Message 1 of 5 (114 Views)

Need step by step instructions to rebuild HD after fatal crash Pavilion dv6 Product #A1U59AV

Factory installed HD suffered fatal crash - nothing recoverable.  Unfortunately cannot clone no image of the old HD is available.

Downloaded and installed Windows Home premium 64 bit iso from digital river but it does not seem to have any drivers.  Also it does not seem to let me change the activation code with - right click Computer then properties.  I want to rebuild exactly as it came from HP when new.   Everything else on the computer seems to work since I have been able install Ubunu from Live CD with no problems.

Please help with step by step instructions how to rebuild.  I am also awaiting recovery disks by mail.

Thanks

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)

Re: Need step by step instructions to rebuild HD after fatal crash Pavilion dv6 Product #A1U59AV

Just wait until you get the recovery disks. HP does not make a great many of the apps available to download. If you just want to restore drivers they are here at this website. After a digital river OS install you will need to use the Microsoft phone activation using the Key Code on the sticker. And yes, the digital river disk is generic and might not have drivers you need. 

Tutor
shuva
Message 3 of 5 (97 Views)

Re: Need step by step instructions to rebuild HD after fatal crash Pavilion dv6 Product #A1U59AV

Thank you Huffer.

Will the step by step instructions be included with the recovery disks?

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

Just boot from the disks and follow the prompts on the screen. They make it as easy as it possibly can be. Just tell it to restore to factory and it will with one or two clicks. 

Tutor
shuva
Message 5 of 5 (56 Views)

I am back up and running restoring from the disks was easy.   Thanks Huffer!

By the way, I could also retreive the lost data from the failed HD by booting from a Ubuntu Live CD.   Wish I could format it back to life somehow. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation