Question

Honor Student
melfig408
Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

Pavilion Dm1z-4000 broken hinge and broken screen again!

bought my notebook and few months later the plastic part that covers the hinges were making it hard to close the notebook so i would start closing the notebook more careful but then something inside cracked the screen and so i was forced to get my screen fixed Then the plastic around the screen was started to come off a little as well. So now being even more careful with the notebook the plastic hinges cracked off eventally, and then screws started to come off and craked my screen in the corner again. all these plastic parts were braking and unable to find the parts or know exacally what part i need. First time buying an hp compter for college, pretty dissapointed in the product and company becuase now i have no laptop

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Pavilion Dm1z-4000 broken hinge and broken screen again!

Hello Melfig408,

I understand your computer is suffering from a broken hinge and a broken screen, is that correct? I will try to help you.

It sounds like the hinges might be too tight making it difficult to close. When that happens the pressure is then put on the screen and can make it crack a lot easier.

Are you looking for the necessary parts to do the repair on your own, or needing it to be repaired by HP?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Honor Student
melfig408
Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

my warrenty is already up and i cant afford to fix it myself. I spent to much money on a product that didnt even last me that long in college.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)

Melfig408, 

Okay let us know if you change your mind about getting it fixed, and we will help all we can.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation