Question

Honor Student
Windancer09
Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavillion dv7 4280us & Push2tv

I have a Pavilion DV7  4280us with a Broadcom 43224AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n Wi-fi adapter. In spite of being assured by tech support that netgear's Push2tv would work with this notebook, apparently my hardware doesn't support it. After about 4 hours with tech support they told me it couldn't be done.  This was after the tech crashed the computer, requiring that I do a safe start and system restore. So much for outsourcing tech support. Apparently in order to have push2tv you need intel wireless display. Intel wireless display requires an Intel wi-fi adapter. The laptop seems to have all the other requirements. Is there a supported intel wifi card for this model that will allow me to install intel wireless display and use the Push2TV that I purchased after being told it would work?   

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 4 (329 Views)

Re: Pavillion dv7 4280us & Push2tv

Windancer09 wrote:

I have a Pavilion DV7  4280us with a Broadcom 43224AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n Wi-fi adapter. In spite of being assured by tech support that netgear's Push2tv would work with this notebook, apparently my hardware doesn't support it. After about 4 hours with tech support they told me it couldn't be done.  This was after the tech crashed the computer, requiring that I do a safe start and system restore. So much for outsourcing tech support. Apparently in order to have push2tv you need intel wireless display. Intel wireless display requires an Intel wi-fi adapter. The laptop seems to have all the other requirements. Is there a supported intel wifi card for this model that will allow me to install intel wireless display and use the Push2TV that I purchased after being told it would work?   

Hi,

There is a compatible Intel 1000 WifiLink 802.11bgn adapter, part number: 593530-001. However, it's not a dual band device so the max speed is up to 150mbps..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Windancer09
Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

Great, what is the downside to the swap, and, what other changes would be required ? Also, when I look up the part # it's listed as a 300mbps device. Am I missing something, I'm not very literate when it comes to computers.

Thanks

Randy

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)

Windancer09 wrote:

Great, what is the downside to the swap, and, what other changes would be required ? Also, when I look up the part # it's listed as a 300mbps device. Am I missing something, I'm not very literate when it comes to computers.

Thanks

Randy

The Intel adapter is compatible so no other changes are necessary. I have checked the specs for the card and it says up to 150mbps. Go to Intel websites and have a look on the specs..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation